Thursday, 27th August, 2020
The Taupō Business Chamber is the only local, independent voice for business in the district. Our mission is to promote business growth and vitality across the region.
In recent years, the Chamber has undergone a huge transformation, implementing a strategy to engage with and be more relevant to our members. We’re looking for someone to continue and build on this momentum. This engagement officer role supports our strategic directives, plus influences and inspires business vitality in our district.
Your most important focus will be to support and communicate with existing members, and drive new member growth. To be a good fit for this role, you will be open to and excited about change, enjoy collaborating with others, and have a passion for supporting and growing local business.
If you’re a people person, you thrive on variety, and you love ticking off to-do lists, you’ll love this role. In a typical week you might:
- Chat with members on issues relevant to the Chamber
- Attend a council meeting
- Plan and create the next EDMs and Facebook posts
- Update the Chamber website
- Attend and actively participate in monthly board meetings
- Organise an inspiring event that business leaders in Taupо̄ are excited to attend
- Brainstorm creative ideas for engaging members
- Write a submission letter to advocate in support of growing the Taupо̄ economy
- On-board new sponsors for the Chamber and events
- Attend local and regional Chamber meetings
- Create a survey to collect relevant data from our members
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have strong sales, marketing, or communications experience
- Are highly organised and motivated
- Are a team player
- Have experience in the business to business market
- Can utilise your skills and experience to help grow local business
- Are confident consulting with senior managers and executives, plus owners and managers of small to medium business, across a range of industries
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Are proficient in Xero, Microsoft Office, and CRM systems
- Have enthusiasm, optimism, perseverance and respect for confidentiality
- Have event management experience
- Flexibility to manage and attend monthly evening events
- Are excited about advocating for Taupо̄’s economic success
- Can supervise the administrator to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
We’re a friendly and diverse board and we’re proud to have gender equity. You’ll be working with the whole board but reporting directly the president and vice president. This is a self-directed role, but you’ll have support and guidance from board members.
This is an independent contractor role consisting of 20-25 hours per week.
View the job description here.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter to apply.