The China Business Leaders Forum is an Auckland Chamber lead initiative promoting and developing bilateral business-to-business relations between New Zealand and China.
In October 2008, New Zealand and China entered into an historic Free Trade Agreement (FTA) that gives New Zealand traders preferential access to this dynamic and rapidly growing market.
The China Business Leaders Forum is focused on helping you to take maximum advantage of this historic FTA.
The Forum supports emerging and established China traders by providing advice and support on key aspects of doing business with China.
The China Business Leaders Forum supports emerging and established China traders by:
- Advising China traders on key elements of doing business with China
- Providing China traders with key contacts in China through long established relationships, including the equivalent of local Chambers of Commerce in China
- Providing opportunities for China traders to network and learn about the China market at regular informative events, workshops and forum sessions
- Providing China traders with expertise and guidance on taking maximum advantage of the New Zealand – China FTA, which include tariff advantages, 48 hour clearance of goods through China Customs and access to dispute resolution mechanisms. The Auckland Chamber of Commerce is as an authorised body for the certification of China FTA Certificates of Origin
- Communicating China trader concerns to appropriate New Zealand Government Departments
- Providing opportunities for China traders to meet with industry specific incoming Chinese trade delegations